Friday, May 18, 2007

The Mystery of Death


The sunset of your eyes; I always thought, I will never bear them...

I knew that it would be intolerable...

How can I imagine the loss of your touching ...

How would I bear the loss of your presence...
I miss the voice of your breaths,

I miss the smell of your being,

but you are forever gone...

How could you leave us alone?

Where are you sleeping now? Are you closing your stubborn eyes which no one knew how they opened twice before your burial?

You were hopeful until the last moment, you didn't want to let go...

But how cruel it was! Death... as a cancer...

Oh! my God... we need your help, and your patience

Death smells with its mysterious darkness! I'm afraid... I can't understand...

I believe in the ghosts, but I can't make sense how that body became ghostless in a glance!

Oh God! How can I say that you forbid one's death, while it's a fact! a bitter fact that I can never make sense of!

It's too near and too far at the same time... I can feel it around...

And I'm too mixed up to think of an end...

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Hi dear Mitra,
I am really sorry for your uncle's death. I know it's too hard for you and your family, but I pray to God to make all of you patient. Be sure that his soul will stay with you, all, and won't leave you alone…
God bless him…
Please accept my condolences on your uncle's death…
Soni